|This article is a work in progress!|
|Pages that carry this template may have issues that conflict with this wiki's manual of style. Our editors will fix these issues as soon as they are available. We apologize for any inconveniences.|
The Prairie Lands government is a feudal kraterocracy. The will of the strong rules across the land. Warlords and warladies control their varying fiefdoms through power and cunning. Land often passes between Silver bloodlines from generation to generation. The son of a warlord is just as likely to lose rule of his father's territory as he is to gain it. Sometimes the Prairie rulers will even adopt or choose successors from outside their own bloodline.
This nation has a sprawling geography and lacks a centralized population. There are four major territories within Prairie, each controlled by their respective rulers.
- Warlady Henge, a windweaver, rules from the Ark River to the plains north of the Crane River. This territory is called the Sandhills. She maintains a small city at Lightning Rod, a rock formation in the midst of the plain.
- Warlord Carhdon, a stoneskin, rules the vast northern territory known as Fourskulls. It's centered upon a sacred and strange mountain into which are carved the gigantic heads of four men.
- Warlord Riono, a swift, controls some of the most valuable farmland in Prairie. He rules from the city of Mizoura. His territory is called the Heart, and shares a tumultuous border with the Disputed Lands. The Heart sits at the convergence of Prairie, Tiraxes, Piedmont, the Lakelands, and the Disputed Lands, making it a chaotic place.
- Warlord Riono is known to execute Reds who attempt to flee his fiefdom.
- Warlady Needa, a nymph, rules the territory called the Mirrors. It stretches from the city Geminas, shares a thin border along the Great River with the Disputed Lands and the Lakelands.
- Warlady Needa is rumored to be a distance cousin of House Cygnet. She openly encourages Reds to flee across the border and work her fiefdom.
Bloodlines and dynasties are not as important to the Silvers of the Prairie Lands as they are in other nations.
Reds in the Prairie Lands are generally bound to the land they are born on, and belong to the Silvers who rule that piece of field or plain. The Silvers in turn owe fealty to their lords, and up to the Warlords and Warladies in standard feudal hierarchy. Thus, most Reds in Prairie are bound in servitude, with little education or opportunities to improve their lot in life. Their life spans are shorter than Reds in neighboring nations, and most of the Reds in the Disputed Lands are refugees from Prairie.
Notable Locations Edit
- Lightning Rod